Policies and Procedures of LCVA
- Fundraising is required for awarding local scholarship(s) and for affiliate donations to
- Donations from members may be applied to operational expense, e.g. cultural
activities, hospitality needs, etc.
- It is mandatory that there are sufficient monies in bank accounts prior to committing to scholarship(s) offerings.
- In all affiliate accounts, assets must be categorized at minimum by operational spending, local scholarship funds, and AAUW Funds.
- The Helen Sommer Graves Memorial Fund, received in 1999, is maintained by the affiliate. At no time shall the principal of said fund fall below $15,000 without board approval.
- A yearly audit of the affiliate’s financial records shall be performed by two affiliate members other than the treasurer, before the end of the fiscal year, prior to July 1st.
- Potential members and/or family members are allowed to attend two regular monthly affiliate meetings.
- Programs of community value sponsored by the affiliate may be open to the public based on board approval. Such programs and their location shall be publicized in advance.
- A guest may attend any interest group gathering only once.
- Attendance by guests at special events/cultural trips will be determined on an individual
basis. Members will have first choice of available openings. If additional openings are
allowed, guests may attend, with the president’s approval.
- The affiliate will allow promotions of AAUW programs or events sponsored by the local, state or national level. No other promotions are acceptable.
- Personal information listed in the affiliate Membership Directory is proprietary and is not to be used by members for commercial or non-AAUW purposes.
- The by-laws committee will present policies and procedures to the affiliate board for its
consideration and adoption. The board will notify the general membership of these policies for implementation.