Policies and Procedures of LCV
- Fundraising is required for awarding local scholarship(s) and for affiliate donations to
- Donations from members may be applied to operational expense, e.g. cultural
activities, hospitality needs, etc.
- It is mandatory that there are sufficient monies in bank accounts prior to committing to scholarship(s) offerings.
- In all affiliate accounts, assets must be categorized at minimum by operational spending, local scholarship funds, and AAUW Funds.
- The Helen Sommer Graves Memorial Fund, received in 1999, is maintained by the affiliate. At no time shall the principal of said fund fall below $15,000 without board approval.
- A yearly audit of the affiliate’s financial records shall be performed by two affiliate members other than the treasurer, before the end of the fiscal year, prior to July 1st.
- Potential members and/or family members are allowed to attend two regular monthly affiliate meetings.
- Programs of community value sponsored by the affiliate may be open to the public based on board approval. Such programs and their location shall be publicized in advance.
- A guest may attend any interest group gathering only once.
- Attendance by guests at special events/cultural trips will be determined on an individual
basis. Members will have first choice of available openings. If additional openings are
allowed, guests may attend, with the president’s approval.
- The affiliate will allow promotions of AAUW programs or events sponsored by the local, state or national level. No other promotions are acceptable.
- Personal information listed in the affiliate Membership Directory is proprietary and is not to be used by members for commercial or non-AAUW purposes.
- The by-laws committee will present policies and procedures to the affiliate board for its
consideration and adoption. The board will notify the general membership of these policies for implementation.
- Personal information listed in the affiliate Membership Directory is proprietary and is for exclusive use by the membership. Contact information is not to be used by members for commercial or non-AAUW purposes.
- Members will individually determine whether their contact information may be published in the printed Membership Directory distributed exclusively to members and the Membership Roster accessible from the LCV website through a password-protected Members Only web page. Additionally, member names may be published in the monthly LCV newsletter emailed to the membership and posted on the LCV website. Member names may be listed with event photographs on the LCV Facebook page and on the LCV website calendar when hosting/leading an event.
- A member will either grant or opt-out of permission for use of their information as listed in #2 above by signing the Privacy Permission form (below). Members can revoke their permission at any time. The LCV Secretary will maintain signed permission forms.
- Names or contact information of members who opt-out will not appear in any LCV publications or media, but their emails will be used for Newsletter and interest group email notifications.
- If a member does not complete and submit a Privacy Preference form, their information will be published.
Adopted June 26, 2023