Policies and Procedures
- Fundraising is required for awarding local scholarship(s) and for branch donations to AAUW Funds.
- It is mandatory that there are sufficient monies in bank accounts prior to committing to scholarship(s) offerings.
- In all branch accounts, assets must be categorized at minimum by checking (operational spending), local scholarship funds, and AAUW Funds.
- Endowment Funds
- The Helen Sommer Graves Endowment Fund, received in 1999, is maintained by the branch.
- The withdrawal of monies from the Graves Endowment Fund is restricted so that at no time shall the principal of said fund fall below $15,000 (fifteen thousand dollars).
- Guests are allowed at all regular monthly branch meetings.
- Guests may attend any interest group gathering once only.
- Attendance by guests at special events will be treated on an individual basis as set by the Board.
- The branch will allow promotions of AAUW programs or events sponsored by affiliated organizations at branch, state or national levels. No other promotions by members are acceptable.
- Personal information listed in the branch membership directory is proprietary and is not to be used by members for commercial or non-AAUW purposes.
- The by-laws committee will present policies/procedures to the branch board for its consideration and adoption. The board will notify the general membership of the policies as approved for implementation.